Sunday, August 3, 2008

Home.

I have been consumed with the thought of moving lately. I guess because I will be moving in a few months, but more so because my parents will be moving.I'm not concerned with leaving home- I've done it once, I am extremely independent. I look forward to starting my own life, with Ryan. And Ryan and I both really look forward to getting out of Florida in the Summer of '09. It will be an awesome adventure. I do, however, feel strangely nostalgic with the thought of my parents no longer living in this house, in this town. We have not lived here my entire life- 
but for 20 years of it. This is 'home' to me. This is where I met my future husband. 
This is where so many memories are. I guess it is just an odd thought to realize when I go to visit my parents- it won't be coming here anymore. 

While I lived here all my friends and I did was talk about how boring it was, how much we couldn't wait to 'get out'. But it took me 'getting out' to realize how much I love this little beach town. 
I love how I grew up: 
On the water every weekend.
 
Our family and friends all taking our boats out and meeting on 'the island' for every holiday. 

Watching manatees 'mate' in my backyard.
Watching the Shuttles go up- it sounding like my home was going to crumble.
It's really funny how we don't appreciate anything until you have to say goodbye to it. I will definitely miss calling Merritt Island my home. :)

1 comment: