Saturday, August 30, 2008

Parting is such.... sorrow...

I just couldn't put the "sweet" part in this title.

I just went to Key West for an entire 6 days to see my lover at a mid-maintenance port-call. We had... and absolutely AMAZING time. We had some friends come down for a few days and were still able to spend so much quality time together. We were able to rent bikes, swim in the ocean and the pool, go out for drinks on Duval and... talk about how excited we are to spend the rest of our lives together. It was such an amazing time for us both. 
But I still honestly think I am more upset from saying goodbye this morning than I was when I said goodbye at the beginning of this patrol. A little over 3 weeks left and I am dreading it more than the beginning- which started out at 65 days. 

:( I am just... in a perpetually weepy mood and it is bugging me. 

I have SO many things to look forward to in the upcoming months- I don't get why I am so bummed. 
Maybe reminding myself of all the awesome upcoming events will lift my spirits:
- 2 wedding showers in the next 3 weeks.
-The boat pulls in.
-He has until  mid-October off of work and NO DUTY!!!!!
-We will actually be able to spend my birthday together!!!
-We'll be getting our house the first 2 weeks after he gets back in port!!!!!!
-Our wedding will be almost ONE month away when I see him next!!!!!
-Then we get to go on our honeymoon for an entire week.
-Annnd after we get back from wedding/moving/honeymoon... he has almost 2 full months of rolling 96's!!!! We get to spend BOTH major holidays with family and friends this year.

I really can't beat all of the amazing things I have to look forward to in the upcoming months. But still I would do ANYTHING to have him sitting on my couch to snuggle with me at this very moment. :(

I am going to retreat to my bubble bath and wine. 
Tomorrow is a new day... and it will be one day closer to Ryan and I getting to start our life together. I just need to smile. Ugh.

No comments: