Friday, August 1, 2008

pride.

I can't stand people that are arrogant or prideful- for obvious reasons. But I thoroughly enjoy having pride in someone else who is close to you. 

I just have to take a second and talk about how proud I am of my future husband. I have always been proud of the him because I love him and I guess I just think he is totally awesome. But it is something completely different when you have several, several wives and girlfriends telling you how much their husbands/boyfriends talk about how well he does his job, how much integrity he shows in standing up for what he thinks is right regardless of who he is standing up against, and how up-lifting he is to others on that boat. His job is difficult- many times he works for days on end before getting sleep while underway. But I just think it is so awesome to hear other people tell me that I am "marrying a man of integrity" or a "hard-worker" or "such an encourager".... there are many more that I have been told- but I won't go on. He has always been those things to me- but to hear that he has that same passion and motivation in everything he does is pretty cool. :)

I just feel honored to marry him and get to hang out with my very best friend for the rest of my life. It is truly amazing. 

In the beginning-dating a year.
We look like babies.
 5 years later-the night before he proposed. :)
I love him greatly and am very blessed to have him in my life.

3 comments:

AshleyCD said...

Yay future Mrs. Priest:) You are blessed...but so is he!

jessicaap1108 said...

thanks ashley. we are BOTH blessed... and i think it is awesome. i really really really do miss you more than you even know. :(

Flo said...

Oh Jess, you totally had me all choked up with this! I agree that you're both very blessed and I can only imagine how proud you are to hear of what an inspiring and hard working man you're marrying - even though you already knew ;) They need more people like him in the Guard, so one can only hope that he's rubbing off on everyone he meets :)